Meet Stuart and Janice
Capital Shutters & Blinds is a family business, so you work with the owners Stuart and Janice Swan. We provide the high standards of service we would expect for ourselves, with timely communication and expert advice to offer enduring products and precise installation for a complete package. Every customer’s project is carefully managed to ensure complete satisfaction and exceptional results. In fact, we had Sante Fe shutters installed in our own home and loved the product and change effect so much, that we bought the business from Garth Escott, who established it in 2011.
Stuart is an engineer with over 20 years in the building industry, previously running his own successful engineered product and manufacturing business which included blinds, shutters and screens. Stuart consults, measures, quality checks and installs our products, so you can be assured that they will be a good fit.
Janice has worked as a soft furnishing consultant for one of Wellington’s most established blind and curtain businesses, has a background in design consultancy, is a professional organiser and project manager.
Together we have years of experience in renovating, building and window treatments, so we’ll help you make informed functionality and style decisions to enhance and add value your home, bach or commercial property, at a price to suit your budget.
If you are looking for cost effective, custom manufactured systems and want a trusted partner, we’re happy to come to your home or office for a free consultation and no-obligation quote, call us on 021 143 5833.
We look forward to talking to you soon.
Why Capital Shutters & Blinds
- The people you talk to, are the owners, so you can trust in our
experience to achieve the best possible window treatment results
- We supply only high-quality products with the latest technology
- Window solutions are tailored to meet your requirements
- We’ll find a window treatment to fit your budget
- We say what we’ll do and do what we say
- We’ll make the process simple and straight forward for you
- We take down your existing blinds or shutters, dispose of them for you and tidy up after ourselves
- Our word is our reputation
What to expect
We’ll work with you right from the start to understand your style, functionality and budget, to provide the best options and an approach tailored to your requirements. We also use our experience and technical knowledge to come up with solutions for challenging spaces. The process is simple, but as they say, the ‘devil is in the detail’, so getting the precise measurements and careful installation will give you a stunning result.
We do it all
How long does manufacturing and installation take?
During our consultation, we can discuss timeframes specific to the products you select. In general, manufacturing and installation lead times are from the date of your order confirmation as follows:
- New Zealand manufactured roller and venetian blinds, take three to four weeks.
- Offshore manufactured venetian and other blinds, along with curtain styles, to be advised, as times vary.
- Shutters take between six and eight weeks.
We provide you with an estimated installation date upon order/quote acceptance. Once we have received and checked the product to ensure it is in perfect condition and to exact size, we’ll schedule a time and day to suit you.